Imperfectly Perfect





I asked my bestfriend back in high school where was she going to study after we graduated, she just puffed out proudly "P.U.P." I questioned myself, what does P-U-P stands for? I never heard of it. Is that Philippine University of the Philippines? GOODNESS GRACIOUS!

The University that I never dreamed of became the University that helped me build my dreams, the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. I studied Broadcast Communication on the third year level. Apart from my friends back then who were on main campus, I am at the College of Communication where they called it 'Certified Outstanding College". No wonder all the best (I think) came from our college because we have survived these daily barricades to our future:

MORE FAN IN THE PHILIPPINES - on my first year, we have four ceiling fans in our classroom but there's only 10% chance that it would generate.

GOLDEN CHAIR - time after time, we would race on each other just to get a precious seat, because there were just about 30 chairs in each room and we were like 62 students in our section.

EARGASMIC - what so good about COC? Is it the jives of Movers in Motion? Is it the siren of Ensemble? Is it the noise around the campus? Of course not! What's so "eargasmic" about were the lectures of our professors who spent long hours standing just to imposed what they have learnt to us, the "scholar ng bayan".

After spending two years in P.U.P. I learned to value what the government has done for us. It was a privilege for us students to be given a high level of education. Though it lacked facilities, the hope was still to us students and the faculties --- If we just continue to dream and believe, we will survive.  

0 comments: